The security of your money and personal information is very important to us at Signal Capital Trust Plc. Our internet banking, electronic cards and mobile phone banking services meet the industry standards of security. In addition to strong data encryption, where any information is scrambled, you will need to input a unique user ID, password and/or a PIN whenever you access these services.
However, there are a number of other ways used by fraudsters to try to obtain your personal information. Below is some information about these types of fraud and how you can protect yourself from them.
We have discovered that there are emails being sent to our customers claiming to be from Signal Capital Trust Plc and informing customers that the internet banking service has been upgraded. The email also asks customers to log on to the ‘upgraded’ online banking platform through the attachment or link in the email in order to protect themselves from phishing attacks
Please note that this email is not from Signal Capital Trust Plc and we ask that you disregard it. Signal Capital Trust Plc will never ask you to disclose or confirm sensitive banking details by email or telephone. Do not reveal sensitive information such as your online banking password, Card PINs or token codes to any third party.
If you receive an email, letter, telephone call or SMS asking you for your online banking username, password, ATM or other Card PIN, token code or other such information, here are the steps which you need to take to protect yourself:
- Ignore the message: Do not respond to any such messages. Do not click on any links within the message or open any attachments in the message.
- Confirm if in doubt: We are here to help you. If you are not sure whether a message is from Signal Capital Trust Plc or not, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always glad to clarify things for you.
To use Union Online – our internet banking service – always go through our website, www.ccitplc.com, and click on the Internet Banking icon. When logging in to the service, please make sure that the web address showing on your browser https://sctplc.com/account-number-holder-name/
If you have already responded to a scam message, please notify us immediately. You can get in touch with your branch of the Bank or email email@example.com
Please help us serve you better; if you receive a scam message, let us know – that way we can continue to help you and others stay protected.
We thank you for banking with us.
SIGNAL CAPITAL TRUST PLC.
The best way to defend you/yourself against financial fraud is to know how criminals operate. The more you know, the less likely you are to become a victim.
Cyber criminals are using more sophisticated methods to steal your information. Follow our tips to stay protected.
- Access online banking sites by typing the URL directly into the address bar. Be aware of pop-ups as they may indicate you have malware on your computer.
- Do not divulge your User ID and password to anyone at any time for any reason.
- Do not save your User ID and password on the computer. Do not use the “save and remember the password” feature in your computer/browser.
- Change your password on a regular basis and ensure your password is difficult for others to guess.
- Immediately change your password if you think it has been compromised.
- Do not type your password while anyone is watching. Make sure there is no one near you or who could look over your shoulder to see what you are typing.
- Do not let anyone have access to your personal details. Make sure to give out sensitive information (e.g., bank account numbers, home address, contact numbers, email address, etc.) only to trusted parties.
- Don’t use the same password for internet banking that you use for other online accounts.
- Don’t use public computers to do your banking, including those at libraries, Internet cafes and schools.
- Never use un-secure public wireless hotspots e.g. airports, hotels, conferences to exchange passwords and sensitive information over the internet.
- Do not reveal sensitive information such as your online banking password; card PINs or token codes to any third party.
- Be cautious of “spoofed” emails which may trick you to click on a link and access a bogus website to capture your personal and confidential information. Signal Capital Trust Plc will never email you and ask you to click on a link to go to Signal Capital Trust Plc‘s website.
Cyber criminals are using more sophisticated methods to steal your information. Please beware